Aluwood Blinds 50mm
Aluwood is aluminium wood look blinds available in 25mm & 50mm. An alternative to wooden blinds, but more cost effective. Aluwood blinds are very similar to the traditional venetian blinds but with a wood grain finish. Used in bathrooms and kitchens where moisture would be a problem for wooden blinds. Ideal where sun is a real problem throughout the day.
Usually 8 to 10 days manufacturing before dispatch.
*25mm Aluminium blinds do not include pelmets, 50mm includes pelmets.
- Premium blind with aluminium head rail and pelmet/valance.
- One year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions, screws, plugs and mounting brackets.
Aluwood Blinds is actually aluminium in the guise of wood. There is no fancy chemical makeup going on here. Simply put, aluwood is aluminium dressed in wood’s clothing! If you have your doubts, think again! Very few people can tell the difference between real wood blinds and the aluwood version.
Characteristics and advantages of Aluwood:
- Easy to clean
- High tolerance to direct sunlight and moisture
- Lighter than wood
- Stacks smaller than wood in the stacked position
- Fire redundant
- Aluminium bottom rail.
- Weight p/m2 = 3.95kg
|Drop||Aluwood 50mm Stacking Heights|
How To Videos
How To Install a Venetian Blind
How to measure for Facefix (Outside) fitting blinds
How to measure for Recess (Inside) Venetian, Roller and Roman fitting blinds
Recess & Facefix blinds explainedNeed more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.
Blinds Measuring Guide
Email it to me
Express Manufacturing Terms
We are able to provide our customers an Express Manufacturing service (2 days manufacturing) but unfortunately based on:
- Client is responsible for checking measurements, once processed we will be unable to change.
- Service is only available between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders need to be processed and payment cleared (Credit Cards are immediate) before 10:30.
- Service is only available with specified Venetian & Roller ranges.
- Subject to stock availability.
- Service will not be available during peak season (October & November) due to manufacturing constraints.