Outdoor Ripstop Canvas Roller Blinds
Exterior Roll Up Blinds available from Blinds Direct
Explore the vast palette of our exterior roll up blinds selection in designer colours and patterns. Our outdoor blinds are fashioned to complement and enhance your outdoor spaces like patios, braai areas, balconies and verandas.
Usually 7 to 10 working days manufacturing before dispatch.
Please refer to “More Info” tab for installation and maximum dimensions.
- One year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions and mounting brackets.
- Control options include ropes & pulley (cost effective), manual gear crank or automation motor with remote control.
Please select 3 samples and Add to Cart
What is the difference between Pulley & Rope vs Crank vs Automation?
- Pulley & Rope – Most cost effective option, ropes are used to raise and lower the roller blind into position.
- Crank – Gear driven crank that utilises detachable turning pole to raise and lower blind into position.
- Automation – Roller blind controlled by wireless remote to raise and lower blind. Motor will require a plug point power(240v) to be provided (input power situated by mounting top bracket).
Perquisites to installation:
- 120mm width required within the lintel for the roller mounting brackets for Crank and Automation. Rope & pulley only require 60mm for baton.
- Brackets or Rope & Pulley baton need to be mounted level – if lintel not level consider placing spacers between lintel and bracket to level the roller.
- Lintel should be structurally sound and capable of holding outdoor roller weight
- Mounting screws/bolts not included. 12mm raw bolts required.
- Automation blinds require 240v input power.
- 5000mm max Width x 4000mm max Drop
Create your own unique look by selecting a contemporary colour to make a statement or an exclusive design to enhance your existing surroundings.
Technical details of the Ripstop Canvas:
- Product reference :
How To Videos
Recess & Facefix blinds explained
How to measure recess blinds
How to measure facefix blindsNeed more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.
Blinds Measuring Guide
Email it to me
Express Manufacturing Terms
We are able to provide our customers an Express Manufacturing service (2 days manufacturing) but unfortunately based on:
- Client is responsible for checking measurements, once processed we will be unable to change.
- Service is only available between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders need to be processed and payment cleared (Credit Cards are immediate) before 10:30.
- Service is only available with specified Venetian & Roller ranges.
- Subject to stock availability.
- Service will not be available during peak season (October & November) due to manufacturing constraints.