Outdoor Bamboo Roller Blinds
Exterior natural Bamboo Blinds from Blinds Direct
Natural and stylish exterior Bamboo roll up blinds are finally here at the fraction of the cost. Our outdoor blinds are fashioned to complement and enhance your outdoor spaces like patios, braai areas, balconies and verandas.
- Usually 15 to 21 days manufacturing before dispatch.
- Bamboo is a natural product and and is subject to inherent imperfections, such as colour variations, minor warpages or blemishes.
- Exterior facing bamboo light colour compared to interior facing being stained walnut colour finish.
Please refer to “More Info” tab for installation and maximum dimensions.
- One year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions and mounting brackets.
Perquisites to installation:
- 90mm width required in the lintel for the roller mounting brackets.
- Top rail need to be mounted level – if lintel not level consider placing spacers between lintel and bracket to level the roller.
- Lintel should be structurally sound and capable of holding outdoor roller weight.
- Recess fitting width: 15mm will be deducted from the width for clearance.
- Recess & Facefix fitting drop: 100mm will be deducted from bottom of drop (leave a gap) for the hold down system (hook and straps).
- String controller and straps are internal facing.
- 3000mm max Width x 3000mm max Drop.
- Hardwood meranti head rail as strong and durable to carry weight. Wood borer resistant to ensure longer life span.
- Reverse side of bamboo is stained to a natural walnut colour.
- Blind is finished with edging tape to enhance beauty of the blinds.
- Stainless steel carbine hooks (spring clip effect) are attached to the bottom rail of the bamboo outdoor blind and are used to secure / hold down the blind to the floor.
- Stainless steel pulleys (single, double & triple) are supplied with outdoor bamboo blind (1 single & 1 double pulley for up to 2 500m thereafter 1 single, 1 double & 1 triple pulley for extra roll-up support and control). Supplied with an acrylic webbing tape which is used as a protective border edging on each side of the blind and this also offers a unique ‘rustic’ décor effect.
- Coated with a specific wood protector (not varnish) consisting of anti-UV and anti-fungus stabilizers offering it all round protection.
- Controller can be left and right and can only be rolled up or down.
- Dirt and dust should be brushed off regularly using light duty brush.
- Mild chemical detergent can be used while scrubbing. Should only be rolled up when completely dry.
- Woodoc 30 protective coating is applied to product. To be re-applied every 12 months.
- Bamboo roller should never be rolled in the stacked position if wet.
- Highly recommended that in heavy wind conditions the roller to rolled up in the stack position to increase its life expectancy.
How To Videos
Recess & Facefix blinds explained
How to measure recess blinds
How to measure facefix blinds
Need more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.