Fabric & Blockout Roller Blinds
Available in a wide variety of privacy enhancing, light filtering and blockout fabrics (pvc) to complete any room. Without the need for curtains, they too are economical. Create a modern and chic look perfect for windows with a view to minimize the sun’s glare. Our Sheerweave help protect your furniture from harmful UV rays
- Additional 35mm will automatically deducted, to accommodate for the controls from your final measurements provided.
- Premier & Sheer Weave is not recommended for privacy locations, like bedrooms as perforation allows some inward visibility at night.
Usually 15 to 21 days manufacturing before dispatch.
- Premium roller with steel controller chain.
- One year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions, screws, plugs and mounting brackets.
A traditional favourite, compact and functional with modern fabrics to suit your needs. Create a modern and chic look perfect for windows with a view to minimize the sun's glare. Sheerweave fabrics have been used successfully in some of the best homes and offices around South Africa since its launch.
Blockout – Our blockout ranges consist of either lined or thicker material. The products that are “lined” means that there is a thick material stuck to the back of a designer material that is normally more transparent without the lining. We also have a PVC blockout range and a 100% Polyester blockout range that uses the material only to provide coverage. These ranges are usually in plain colors without images and patterns on it.
Semi-Blockout – The Semi-Blockout ranges are made of a material that does not allow you to see through but there is some degree of light that does come through the blind. This material is not ideal for a bedroom if you want to sleep during the day.
Translucent – Translucent blinds are completely see-through. The Premier weave and Sheer weave are perforated ranges that allow you to see through during the day and during the evening you will be able to see in from the outside. The translucent ranges offer a degree of UV protection and will help with glare from the sun. But it is not recommended for private areas like your bathroom and bedroom.
Semi-Translucent – The Semi-translucent range consists of a mixture between translucent and semi-blockout material. Where you will be able to see through parts of the blind and not on others. This material usually has some sort of image or pattern on it.
Weave and Ultimate Roller blinds are not recommended for privacy locations like bedrooms as perforation allows some inward visibility at night.
Weave Roller Blinds – UV & Light Protection (Perforated so limited light control) is perfect for rooms or windows were light control is a factor but you still require full visibility externally during the day.
Ultimate Roller Blinds – (Perforated so limited light control) – Our Ultimate range is premium high quality fabric providing that extra special look for your home or office deserves.
- Weight p/m2 = 1.75kg Avg (dependent on fabric)
How To Videos
How To Install a Venetian Blind
How to measure for Facefix (Outside) fitting blinds
How to measure for Recess (Inside) Venetian, Roller and Roman fitting blinds
Recess & Facefix blinds explained
Need more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.
Blinds Measuring Guide
Email it to me
Express Manufacturing Terms
We are able to provide our customers an Express Manufacturing service (2 days manufacturing) but unfortunately based on:
- Client is responsible for checking measurements, once processed we will be unable to change.
- Service is only available between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders need to be processed and payment cleared (Credit Cards are immediate) before 10:30.
- Service is only available with specified Venetian & Roller ranges.
- Subject to stock availability.
- Service will not be available during peak season (October & November) due to manufacturing constraints.