Roman Shades and Blinds
Roman Blinds will always remain a traditional favourite, compact and functional with modern fabrics to suit your needs.
If you want privacy with a view then our Roman Shades is the perfect window treatment for you. Our classic, made to measure Roman shades and blinds are available in a wide variety of privacy enhancing, light filtering and fabrics to complete any room. Roman shades are reasonably well priced and will complement your design style while solving the functional needs of your space, without the need for curtains.
Our Roman shades are surprisingly lightweight, easy to handle and a snap to install. With so many breathtaking fabric and style options and with our selection of Roman shades you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Shade materials range from sheer to blackout and your choice of material dictates how much light comes into your room, and how much privacy you have, when the shade is lowered. Choose from a variety of styles to get the look you like.
* Premier Weave is not recommended for privacy locations like bedrooms as perforation allows some inward visibility at night.
15 to 21 days manufacturing before dispatch.
- Premium Roman shade and blind with aluminium head rail.
- One year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions, screws, plugs and mounting brackets.
Classic Made-to-Measure Roman Shades and Blinds
Feel free to contact Blinds Direct should you feel overwhelmed by the material. We will assist you in selecting the perfect material to suit your budget, décor style, and light and heat management needs. Blinds Direct offers the best selection of DIY Roman Blinds and shades at the best deals
Roman Shades Premium Collection
Premium Roman blinds offers luxury and elegance as standard. Our beautiful selection of contemporary and traditional fabrics allows you to make a bold or indeed minimalist statement in your window.
Opaque is not recommended for privacy locations like bedrooms as perforation allows some inward visibility at night.
Roman Shades and Blinds Ultimate collection – (Perforated so limited light control)
Choose from a great selection of custom Roman shades at Blinds Direct. Our ultimate range is the ultimate in design and will add a touch of class to any room.
- Weight p/m2 = 1.75kg Avg (dependent on fabric)
How To Videos
How To Install a Venetian Blind
How to measure for Facefix (Outside) fitting blinds
How to measure for Recess (Inside) Venetian, Roller and Roman fitting blinds
Recess & Facefix blinds explained
Need more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 70mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.