Outdoor Sheer Roller Blinds
Exterior Roll Up Blinds available from Blinds Direct
Explore the vast palette of our exterior roll up blinds selection in designer colours and patterns. Our outdoor blinds are fashioned to complement and enhance your outdoor spaces like patios, braai areas, balconies and verandas.
Usually 15 to 21 days manufacturing before dispatch.
Sheerweave – (Perforated so limited light control) * Not recommended for privacy locations as perforation allows some inward visibility at night.
Please refer to “More Info” tab for installation and maximum dimensions.
- Two year factory warranty.
- Installation instructions and mounting brackets.
Perquisites to installation:
- 120mm width required within the lintel for the roller mounting brackets.
- Brackets need to be mounted level – if lintel not level consider placing spacers between lintel and bracket to level the roller.
- Lintel should be structurally sound and capable of holding outdoor roller weight
- Mounting screws/bolts not included. 12mm raw bolts required.
- 5800mm max Width x 2800mm max Drop Or 3200mm max Width x 4000mm Max Drop
Create your own unique look by selecting a contemporary colour to make a statement or an exclusive design to enhance your existing surroundings.
Our outdoor roll up blinds consist of Sheerweave fabric which is great for preserving your outside view while protecting your privacy and shielding you from harmful UV rays, the suns glare and rain. It also provides 88- 95% wind and rain protection when changing weather threatens.
The roller is operated by a modern crank and contemporary alternative to traditional external budget spring rollup blinds.
How To Videos
Recess & Facefix blinds explained
How to measure recess blinds
How to measure facefix blindsNeed more info? Download our Blinds Measuring Sheet
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Inside (Recess) blinds:
- Ensure that the recess your blinds is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended. Look out for protruding window handles and tiles!
- Verify you have 100mm inside top wall recess available for the blind head rail to be mounted onto – refer to illustration to the left.
- Measure at various places (J,K,L) as illustrated and input the shortest width dimension.
- Measure at various places (G,H,I) as illustrated and input the longestshortest drop dimension.
- Verify you have 100mm inside top wall recess available for blind head rail to be mounted onto. ( Z )
Note: We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. Do not make any deductions to the measurements as our factory will make the allowances required for recessed blinds.
How to Measure your Blinds
How to measure Outside (Facefix) blinds:
- Decide how much you want to overlap the blind on all sides - we recommend this should be at least 50mm - 100mm each side in most instances.
- Carefully measure the width of D, E and F (see the diagram) and the drop from A, B and C.
Types of Blinds
Blinds come in two different kinds, which will suit different needs. Do you want the blind to fit inside the window (Recess) or outside (Facefix)?
Outside (Facefix) blinds are easier to install, ideal if you want to hide features around the window and does not require exact measuring.
Inside (Recess) blinds provides a neat appearance, but requires exact measuring and a top recess large enough to accommodate the size of the head rail.
Blinds Measuring Guide
Email it to me
Express Manufacturing Terms
We are able to provide our customers an Express Manufacturing service (2 days manufacturing) but unfortunately based on:
- Client is responsible for checking measurements, once processed we will be unable to change.
- Service is only available between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders need to be processed and payment cleared (Credit Cards are immediate) before 10:30.
- Service is only available with specified Venetian & Roller ranges.
- Subject to stock availability.
- Service will not be available during peak season (October & November) due to manufacturing constraints.